NHSNLink is an open source reference implementation for CDC's National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) reporting. It is an application that aggregates, calculates, and shares line-level clinical data for patients matching NHSN surveillance requirements.
- Receives patient-of-interest IDs out-of-band
- Queries/scoops relevant data associated with each patient ID and posts to CQF-Ruler as FHIR® resources
- Evaluates scooped clinical data against measure definitions to produce a MeasureReport containing calculated:
- Initial population
- Other population counts as required (Numerator, Denominator)
- Line/patient-level data used during measure evaluation
- Generates a MeasureReport bundle and saves as a file to submit to the NHSN Server
NHSNLink is under development for NHSN by Lantana. For more information about NHSN, click here.
FHIR® is the registered trademarks of Health Level Seven International and the use does not constitute endorsement by HL7.