2019 Interoperability Standards Advisory (ISA)
Lantana has engaged in standards development and deployment for over ten years and supported the development of over 70 specifications. We were pleased to take the opportunity to respond and contribute comments on the 2019 Interoperability Standards Advisory (ISA) issued by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology’s (ONC).
Our key recommendations for the ISA include:
- Point to the CMS Data Element Library (DEL) as a resource to obtain codified terms that represent a patient’s functional status and ability.
- Suggest additions to the terminology standards in Section I: Vocabulary/Terminology, for example, under “applicable value sets and start sets” consider pointing to the post-acute care instruments and the C-CDA value sets.
- Consider adding the following resources to Section II: Content/Structure Standards and Implementation Specification
- The Pharmacist Care Plan FHIR IG: This IG specifies requirements for sharing pharmacy related care plan information such as a patient’s health risks, goals, interventions and outcomes. This IG points to vocabulary content defined by the Pharmacy HIT Collaborative and National Council for Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP).
- HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Nutrition, Release 1 – US Realm (as a standard). These supplemental templates to Consolidated CDA cover the nutrition Care Process and nutrition interventions.
- Include FHIR R4 in Section III: Standards and Implementation Specifications for Service.
For a full draft of our comments, click here.