Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Responsible for all aspects of product life cycle management, from inception to end of life, of an open-source software product that supports a growing number of client-facing projects. Understand, assess, and develop product requirements to create a product roadmap and timeline that aligns to project/business objectives and ensures seamless product functionality. The Product Manager must be able to apply their best practice understanding and knowledge across the product experience, inclusive of all features. The Product Manager must work closely with internal & external stakeholders in Management, Engineering, and Data Science to evolve the product strategy, including product improvements, feature enhancements, and next generation product ideation. The Product Manager has managed software development in a regulated environment and has exceptional problem-solving, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Drive the product and business-planning process across cross-functional teams of the company
- Develop and execute product roadmap that aligns to project requirements and company strategy
- Analyze customer/project needs, current market trends, and potential partnerships
- Understand and assess product requirements and develop appropriate plans to ensure success
- Develop, implement, and maintain production timelines across multiple projects
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for prototype construction and product development by engineering teams
- Create product documents that describe business cases, high-level use cases, technical requirements, revenue, and ROI
- Collaborate with project teams to gather inputs into the product roadmap and timelines.
- Remain abreast of the latest industry trends and technology
- Assist with on-going implementation and improvement of product quality initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or similar related field
- 5+ years of experience of managing projects throughout the product life cycle, inclusive of developing and coordinating budgets and schedules
- Experience as a Product Manager for software used across multiple client-facing projects.
- Demonstrable experience in leading design reviews to verify product requirements and to minimize risk
- Demonstrable experience in defining market and product requirements and use of tools such as focus groups to help define/verify requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous software and web development experience
- Experience with public health and/or Health IT software projects
- Experience managing software development for Federal government
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications including MS PowerPoint, Project, and Excel
- Applied knowledge of agile scrum and JIRA, and ability to teach methods
- Familiarity with industry best practices and standards, including FedRAMP authorization
- Experience working in a remote, distributed environment
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.