Predictable Reporting: 13 sites, 7 EHRs, 65 measures submitted to State Medicaid
A state HIE needed to find the most efficient path to meet quality reporting targets where each provider site had data that matched up differently against potential target measures. Lantana determined the shortest pathway to predictable, reliable reporting for each site.
Our clinical analysts schematized the requirements across the set of potential measures, then assessed each site’s data according to our data maturity model. For each site, we identified gaps to eliminate measures with a low probability of success and chose targets that represented the path of least resistance, minimizing changes to tooling and, ultimately, provider burden.
- Determine success or failure of each reporting target using Lantana’s methods and tools
- Identify data gaps early to minimize implementation and reporting burden
- Pick measures to report that are most feasible based on the data analysis for each site
- Eliminate targets that have low probability of success
- Develop a Predictable Pipeline for Health Information
Tools and Methods used:
- Two stage tooling for gap assessment and data quality assessment
- Data Element Maturity Model
- Data Analysis Methodology