UI/UX Front End Developer
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose:Design and develop visual elements from the users’ vantage point within web-based applications. Work with product stakeholders to understand requirements from the end user perspective and translate those into an innovative interface. Turn approved designs into well-structured front-end code. Collaborate with larger engineering team to connect the front-end product to the back-end data functions.
A successful candidate will:
- Create concepts, wireframe, and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Translate user behavior and research into actionable data.
- Develop interface designs into existing and new software products.
- Communicate design ideas effectively to clients, management, and staff.
- Bridge the gap between user design and technical implementation.
- Develop highly responsive, web-based user interfaces.
- Be able to juggle competing project demands and work with management to understand priorities.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
- Five (5) or more years of experience UI/UX design.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a front-end developer.
- Knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages, and CSS preprocessor tools.
- Experience with wireframing tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Balsamiq Mockups.
- Experience integrating with REST APIs and building CRUD applications around them.
- Knowledge of Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) or HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR).
- Experience with (Docker, docker-compose) Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Agile and Kanban software development methodologies.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.