Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary Purpose: Support government projects by applying mathematical and statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize data to provide actionable information and insight to support client needs. The statistician will contribute to the wider Lantana team’s success by supporting analytics as needed and contributing to proposals, as needed, as they relate to quantitative analyses.
The successful candidate will:
- Consults with clients to understand problems and refine science questions
- Formulates analytic approaches to address science questions including designing study plan, determines data capture and statistical analysis plans, and contributes to creation of reporting plans
- Uses knowledge of statistical scripting and programming languages to extract, clean, process, and analyze data from various sources including protected health information, e.g., claims and electronic health record data
- Conducts independent analysis using standard statistical techniques such as linear regression, generalized linear modeling, mixed modeling, and survey techniques, as well as other inference methodologies
- Interprets, summarizes, and presents findings to (potentially non-technical) project team and relevant stakeholders in clear, concise way
- Contributes to writing, reviewing and clearance of reports and journal articles
- Communicate effectively within a project team and with external resources to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget
- Prioritize workload across multiple tasks with limited supervision
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or related field with 6+ years related experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in public health or a related field
- Experience in SAS or R
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with government contracting and proposal writing
- Experience with other programming languages, e.g., Python or SQL
- History of working on remote, distributed teams
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote. The ability to travel to the annual Lantana Retreat and occasional client meetings is preferred.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact email@example.com to apply or request more information.