Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Responsible for the financial processing of transactions related to accounts payable, expense report, payroll, general ledger, bank accounts and credit cards. Performs journal entries, fixed asset maintenance and account reconciliations. Creates and maintains periodic reports, provides audit and tax filing support, and assists with other accounting and administrative tasks.
A successful candidate will:
- Process expense reports and vendor invoices accurately and timely
- Verify invoices are compliant with contracts, agreements, and orders
- Verify expense reports are accurate, include necessary receipts, and are compliant with federal travel regulations and other requirements
- Research and resolve discrepancies and issues
- Enter and upload expense reports and invoices into system
- Verify and/or obtain proper approvals
- Prepare and process payments
- Correspond with employees and vendors
- Setup and maintain vendors in system
- Monitor and record all bank and company credit card transactions
- Review, process, post and reconcile payroll transactions
- Setup and maintain state and local payroll tax accounts and coordinate information with payroll company
- File payroll tax returns and process payments on a limited basis when necessary
- Reconcile general ledger accounts
- Track, maintain, and reconcile fixed assets and prepaid expenses as well as depreciation and amortization.
- Perform month and year-end journal entries
- Provide support for Government contract reporting and compliance
- Understand requirements for 1099 vendors and assist with annual reporting, preparation, and reconciliations
- Support annual audits and tax return preparation
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field, or commensurate work experience
- Minimum of four years’ experience in accounts payable, accounting, or related field
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting procedures
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong follow-through skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of FAR/CAS and other government contract accounting requirements
- Experience with Unanet or similar ERP system
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 products (i.e., SharePoint, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com.