Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Apply software development background to distill software requirements into technical guidance for developers. Follow software architecture best practices by identifying the best technologies for the solution, designing diagrams (UML, class, sequence, data flow, etc.) to develop well-formed architecture documentation for a software product. Draft optimized development tickets so that multiple developers can work on granular pieces of the same larger functionality. Serve as the expert on software understanding and technical guide for inexperienced staff onboarding to the project.
A successful candidate will:
- Analyze and understand requirements and translate them into effective engineering solutions.
- Incorporate security, integration, sustainability, and feasibility considerations into solution designs.
- Work collaboratively with product manager, engineering team, and client in understanding the requirements and developing a solution that meets their needs.
- Communicate effectively with clients, management, and staff.
- Guide and train developers and engineers, as needed.
- Mitigate risks and problems identified in providing the software solution.
- Apply creativity to solve complex problems that seem difficult to overcome.
- Be able to juggle competing project demands and work with management to understand priorities.
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of experience in architecting solutions for software.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in software development.
- Experience with Java technologies (Eclipse/IntelliJ, JPA, Maven, Spring Boot).
- Experience with REST, SOAP, XML and JSON standards/technologies
- Experience with IT concepts and willingness to respond to IT requests when needed.
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Kanban software development methodologies.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work critical to project timeline in a dynamic environment.
- Experience developing or architecting healthcare or Health IT related software.
- Knowledge of HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR), including the FHIR REST API.
- Familiarity with FHIR profiling and the FHIR implementation guide publishing process.
- Experience with HAPI FHIR libraries and/or the HAPI FHIR JPA Server.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote. The ability to travel to the annual Lantana Retreat and occasional client meetings is preferred.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.