Senior Technical Writer
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Write, edit, and publish a wide range of complex documents for delivery to clients, prospective clients, health information technology journals and trade publications, and for in-house use. Interview subject matter experts (SMEs) ranging from software engineers to public health analysts to medical professionals, and draft original, compelling content for technical and non-technical readers.
A successful candidate will:
- Work with engineers, analysts, and leadership to create reports, white papers, articles, business proposals, presentations, and technical project documentation such as user guides and software specifications
- Write and edit documents to meet the requirements of the Lantana Style Guide and publishing templates as well as standard requirements for technical writing
- Work closely with the business development team and SMEs to respond to requests for proposals. Write original content for convincing and compliant proposal submissions to clients
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Technical Writing or similar
- Excellent written and verbal skills to convey complex technical information clearly and persuasively to readers with varying levels of technical understanding
- Five or more years of experience in a lead technical writing position
- Experience working with SMEs to translate technical speak into clear and compelling proposal responses and documents
- Experience editing, revising, and repurposing technical content for case studies and/or white papers
- Comfort and experience applying the principles of Standard English language usage, grammar, and mechanics into written work
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word
- Experience developing and editing written content for information technology within the healthcare industry
- Experience creating customized written content for government proposals (and associated content management skills) and an understanding of the proposal development lifecycle
- Experience creating and remediating Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF documents to meet section 508 accessibility compliance
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote. The ability to travel to the annual Lantana Retreat and occasional meetings is preferred.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.