Senior Technical Writer
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Write, edit, and publish a wide range of complex documents for delivery to clients, prospective clients, health information technology journals and trade publications, and for in-house use. Interview subject matter experts and draft original compelling content. Deliverables are for technical and non-technical readers.
A successful candidate will:
- Work with engineers, analysts, leadership to create reports, white papers, articles, proposals, and project documentation.
- Edit documents to meet the requirements of the Lantana Style Guide and publishing templates as well as standard requirements for technical writing.
- Work closely with business development team to respond to request for proposals. Write original content for convincing and compliant proposal submissions to clients.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in English, Journalism, Communication, Technical Writing or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to convey complex technical information clearly and persuasively to readers who have varying levels of technical understanding.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in a lead technical writing position
- Experience in working with technical Subject Matter Experts (SME) to translate technical speak into clear and compelling proposal responses and documents.
- Experience editing, revising, and repurposing technical content for case studies and/or white papers.
- Comfort and experience applying the principles of Standard English language usage, grammar, mechanics into written work.
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word.
- Experience developing and editing written content for information technology within the healthcare industry.
- Experience creating customized written content for government proposals, understanding of the proposal lifecycle and content management.
- Experience with 508 compliance.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote except for a weeklong annual in-person retreat each year. The in-person retreat is contingent on the ability for staff to safely travel and the status of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.