Senior Project Manager
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide project management on a major federal government indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract. Work with Task Leads, to plan and manage work across the IDIQ. Achieve project objectives and deliverables by driving scope, team, schedule, budget, and quality aspects of a project under Lantana’s high-performance standards.
A successful candidate will:
- Apply industry best practices for managing projects.
- Be a task management and tracking expert.
- Communicate effectively with clients, management, and staff.
- Work with project team to develop risks and mitigation strategies.
- Juggle competing demands and prioritize work effectively.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate the planning and production of contract delivery with assistance from Task Leads.
- Develop and adhere to complex timelines.
- Work with Task Leads to ensure subcontractor performance meets Lantana’s quality standards.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing mid to large scale projects including IDIQ contracts.
- Experience in the consulting and Federal government contracting field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicate and perform well in a distributed remote work environment.
- Ability to work within a challenging environment with minimal direction.
- Ability to manage cost, scope, schedule, quality, and technical performance.
- Experience managing projects with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications including MS Project and Excel.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies (LEAN/Six Sigma/CMMI).
- Experience with agile scrum and JIRA.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.