Senior Data Architect
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Understand, design, and document the data flow, data mapping, and models for a large government organization. Recommend efficiencies and plan for the organization to receive healthcare data for public health surveillance. Assess current reporting and analytics within the organization and incorporate recommendations for improvements into larger organizational future state planning.
A successful candidate will:
- Map data flow for client organization across internal and external sources.
- Assess SAS and SQL reporting and analytics against client future state goals.
- Support planning and execution for client migration to cloud technologies.
- Oversee data management and analytics functions as the organization transitions to big data/data warehouse model.
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with multidisciplinary team members to achieve analytic and programmatic goals.
- Advanced degree in computer science, data science, information systems, or related discipline.
- 10+ years as a Data Architect or demonstrated relevant industry experience.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and data management tooling.
- Demonstrable experience using data modeling tools, e.g., Embarcadero, Erwin.
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and data modeling concepts. Hands on data mapping and modeling experience highly desired.
- Experience with querying languages, schema definition languages, data management languages, and scripting, including SQL and SAS.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders to understand business and data requirements and incorporate needs into solution designs.
- Technical knowledge of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), preferred.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.