QA Engineer/Software Tester
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule.
Primary purpose: Ensure quality software delivery from requirements specification, through manual and automated testing to production release. Design and execute test plans to ensure software products meet client requirements and run without defects. Perform both manual and automated software testing. Log issues discovered during testing and collaborate with development team to resolve issues. Work with a cross-functional team to ensure agility and quality of software throughout the development lifecycle.
A successful candidate will:
- Create and execute test plans for software products and features.
- Develop test scenarios from requirements to ensure maximum requirement traceability.
- Develop automated tests and ensure regression coverage across software products.
- Perform manual testing of software and work with development team to resolve issues.
- Contribute to software builds and production deployments.
- Ensure software runs well and meets client needs and requirements.
- Degree in computer science, information technology, or related discipline.
- Five (5) or more years designing, developing, and executing test strategies and test plans for software.
- Two (2) or more years of experience developing, executing, and maintaining automated test software.
- Experience in new feature testing and regression testing.
- Experience with test automation tools/frameworks (e.g., JMeter, Cucumber/Gherkin, Selenium, SOAP-UI, automated RESTFUL API testing, etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodology and supporting tools (JIRA, Kanban)
- Ability to work well under pressure on multiple projects in fast-paced environment.
- Experience with healthcare related software.
- Knowledge of Clinical Document Architecture® (CDA) or HL7® Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource® (FHIR), including the FHIR REST API.
- Experience with Java technologies (Eclipse/IntelliJ, JPA, Maven, Spring Boot).
- Familiarity with JSON and XML.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HL7, CDA, FHIR and the FHIR [FLAME DESIGN] are the registered trademarks of Health Level Seven International and their use does not constitute endorsement by HL7.