Public Health Data Visualization Analyst—NHSN
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide data analysis and visualization support for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
A successful candidate has the skills to:
- Lead data visualization innovation at Lantana, bringing new software and novel approaches to provide value to our clients and foster growth in data visualization at Lantana
- Create effective, scalable, and intuitive visualizations and dashboards
- Lead communication with the client to understand visualization needs and suggest modifications to existing visualizations
- Gather and define business requirements and translate them into data visualizations
- Identify data sources to support reporting requirements and manage integration workflows to source, transform, and load data into datasets
- Develop automated solutions to extract, clean, and prepare data for dashboards
- Perform data analysis, data validation, and quality assurance to support and enhance visualizations
- Collaborate and coordinate with other departments to manage changes and updates
- Effectively deliver and present work to the appropriate audience and provide training and support to end users
- Meet deadlines and manage concurrent deliverables
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience implementing large projects using PowerBI
- Proficient in the development of highly visual reports, dashboards, and data narratives
- Experience with data extraction, cleaning and wrangling, modeling and manipulation to prepare data for analysis, reporting, and visualization
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as strong documentation skills to describe existing processes
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of basic statistical principles and familiarity with R, Python, SAS, or other statistical analysis and data mining tools
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Degree in public health, data science, or related discipline
- Knowledge of DAX
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, Microsoft Azure Data Lake, and data streaming
- Familiarity with Tableau, Click or other data visualization software
- Experience with healthcare data
- Knowledge of HL7® CDA® and FHIR® standards
- Knowledge of the CDC's NHSN
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact email@example.com to apply or request more information.
HL7, CDA, FHIR and the FHIR [FLAME DESIGN] are the registered trademarks of Health Level Seven International and their use does not constitute endorsement by HL7.