Public Health Analyst
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide public health expertise and consultation, as well as leading outreach and coordination services with support from a project manager to Lantana’s client, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN). Execute NHSN’s objectives in a large, multi-stakeholder collaborative setting to achieve rapid and efficient solutions for health informatics questions to support national-level healthcare surveillance.
A successful candidate will:
- Lead the day-to-day activities of a multi-site NHSN Collaborative, ensuring success in all areas including project management, communication, coordination, and execution.
- Conduct outreach to identify, recruit, and convene stakeholders (e.g., academic medical centers) for the NHSN Collaborative.
- Conduct onboarding and on-going facilitation for healthcare system and healthcare information exchange stakeholders to ensure successful participation and execution of Collaborative objectives.
- Support Project Manager in areas of meeting scheduling, agendas, and meeting material development.
- Facilitate responses to stakeholder inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare written materials (e.g., presentation slides, charter documents) to support the collaborative and support development of technical documents (e.g., legal, security and confidentiality agreements) with input from a wide array of subject matter experts (e.g. health informatics, legal, and public health SMEs).
- Effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, including clinician thought leaders, health informatics experts, and public health leaders in the domains of healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Prepare summary documents for Collaborative participants and for Lantana and NHSN leadership reflecting key information in a clear and concise manner.
- Work with client leadership to develop print and online materials, e.g., web summaries, white papers, fact sheets, journal articles.
- Monitor NHSN strategic objective metrics and track progress towards goals.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Communications, or other Health Science field
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Direct experience with healthcare systems in the areas of quality improvement, patient safety, or infection control/HAIs preferred.
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills required
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact email@example.com to apply or request more information.