Public Health Data Analyst
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide analytic support on client projects and develop SAS code to perform data management and statistical tasks.
A successful candidate will:
- Analyze and understand client needs and translate them into formal requirements.
- Conduct analyses in SAS, interpret, summarize, and present findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and carry out analyses to ensure data accuracy and answer epidemiological questions of interest.
- Provide results to the project team and clients both verbally and in writing. Results should be reported in an appropriate manner for the audience – i.e., some reports will be highly technical while other reports will be written in layman’s terms.
- Access and analyze data from various sources.
- Troubleshoot and debug programs and make enhancements and improvements to existing SAS programs.
- Exhibit attention to detail when performing data quality checks, developing materials, reviewing documentation, troubleshooting issues, and reporting results.
- Manage large datasets; move and merge data files from different platforms; clean and aggregate data and perform quality control.
- Collaborate and identify areas for improvement, including methods to automate SAS analyses and output.
- Collaborate in planning, development, and implementation of projects and materials.
- Communicate effectively with clients, management, and staff.
- Experience using SAS to import data, manipulate data/datasets, and conduct analyses relating to evaluation of data quality and accuracy.
- Degree in public health, computer science, or related discipline preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) preferred.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is a mid-level position with opportunity for growth within the company.
- At present due to COVID-19, no travel or onsite work is required. Travel may be requested in the future, as safety allows, up to 5-10 percent of the time, depending on projects and responsibilities.
- This position is a work-from-home/remote position and accepts all applicants in the US.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.