Public Health Analyst—NHSN Modules
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide consulting, design, training, and development services to Lantana’s client, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN). Assist NHSN’s partner healthcare facilities in submitting healthcare quality data to the government. Create educational materials and collect and monitor metrics to meet program and client strategic objectives.
A successful candidate will:
- Provide technical assistance and conduct outreach to healthcare facilities on how to submit data to the NHSN
- Collaborate and collect input from stakeholders working on hospital quality measures and reporting in healthcare quality areas such as healthcare associated infections, adverse drug events, immunization, and public health response.
- Review and summarize documents from federal and other partners for items that might be of relevance to CDC’s work in healthcare quality surveillance.
- Prepare materials (talking points, presentations, background materials, leave behind documents) for leadership meetings with internal and external audiences
- Work with client leadership to develop print and online materials e.g., white papers, fact sheets, journal articles
- Deliver training or presentations on CDC work in healthcare quality to federal and non-federal partners
- Conduct outreach to facilities regarding data submission through NHSN
- Monitor metrics of NHSN strategic objectives and track progress towards goals
- Analyze and create clear communications, verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Communications, or other Health Science field
- Experience with healthcare systems (e.g., clinical workflows, quality improvement / reporting, or patient safety) required
- Experience with CDC, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, or other federal or state healthcare quality reporting initiatives strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the CDC’s NHSN preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.