Public Health Analyst / Health Educator
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide consulting, design, training, and development services to Lantana’s client, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN). Assist NHSN’s partner healthcare facilities in submitting healthcare quality data to the government. Create educational materials. Collect and monitor metrics to meet program and client strategic objectives.
A successful candidate will:
- Provide technical assistance and conduct outreach to healthcare facilities on how to submit data to NHSN.
- Coordinate input from stakeholders collaborating on immunization and Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs).
- Review and summarize documents from federal and other partners for items that might be of relevance to CDC’s work in immunization and HAIs.
- Prepare materials (talking points, presentations, background materials, leave behind documents) for leadership meetings with internal and external audiences.
- Work with client leadership to develop print and online materials e.g., white papers, fact sheets, journal articles.
- Deliver training or presentations on CDC work in HAIs and immunization to federal and non-federal partners.
- Provide technical assistance to healthcare facilities on how to submit data to NHSN.
- Conduct outreach to facilities regarding data submission through NHSN.
- Monitor metrics of NHSN strategic objectives and track progress towards goals.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Communications, or other Health Science field.
- Experience with immunization and/or Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) programs preferred.
- Knowledge of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) NHSN preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is a mid-level position with opportunity for growth within the company.
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.