Public Health Analyst—AUR
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule.
Primary purpose: Provide consulting, design, training, and development services to Lantana’s client, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN). Assist NHSN’s partner healthcare facilities in submitting healthcare quality data to the government. Create educational materials and conduct analysis to ensure that projects align with client expectations.
A successful candidate will:
- Provide technical assistance and conduct outreach to healthcare facilities on how to submit data to the NHSN
- Analyze and understand client needs and translate them into formal requirements
- Communicate client needs to business and technical resources
- Develop training materials including but not limited to Word documents and PowerPoint presentations
- Deliver trainings, project updates, and presentations on CDC’s NHSN work in antimicrobial
use and resistance (AUR)
- Participate in development of business requirements using industry standards
- Analyze and clearly articulate information in both verbal and written formats to clients,
stakeholders and partners
- Conduct analyses in SAS; interpret, summarize, and present findings to relevant stakeholders
- Exhibit attention to detail when developing materials, reviewing documentation,
troubleshooting issues, and reporting results
- Take part in application testing and provide feedback to software developers and quality
- Interpret and explain basic analytics methodologies and results to end users
- Collaborate in planning, development, and implementation of projects
- Stay abreast of industry trends and changes
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Communications, or other Health Science field
- Experience with antimicrobial use, antimicrobial resistance, and/or healthcare-associated infections (HAI) data preferred
- Knowledge of the CDC's NHSN preferred
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience using SAS to import data, manipulate data/datasets, and conduct analyses relating to evaluation of data quality and accuracy preferred
- Knowledge of Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) preferred
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.