Infection Preventionist / Public Health Analyst
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide analytic and Infection Prevention support for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), including coordination and outreach for CDC’s federal partners.
A successful candidate will:
- Develop and/or maintain materials for Healthcare-Associated Infection (HAI) or other healthcare data validation activities (including protocols and validation tools).
- Provide clinical determination and technical assistance for user questions related to HAIs.
- Identify trends in user questions to assess the need for additional outreach/educational material.
- Develop and/or maintain educational/training materials for end users including fact sheets, live and prerecorded trainings, and surveillance materials (tables of instructions, surveillance protocols/data collection forms).
- Conduct analyses in SAS and interpret, summarize, and present findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and perform analyses to ensure data accuracy and answer epidemiological questions of interest.
- Run monthly analytic reports, verifying risk adjustment calculations performed by the NHSN application using SAS.
- Keep track of regulatory and compliance agency regulations and standards affecting hospitals.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and provide clinical input for case reviews.
- Participate in weekly interagency calls and interact with leads from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)/Department of Defense (DoD)/Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to review deliverables, deadlines, and user-testing feedback.
- Exhibit attention to detail when performing data quality checks, developing materials, reviewing documentation, troubleshooting issues, and reporting results.
- Communicate effectively with clients, management, and staff.
- Knowledge of a broad range of infection prevention and control principles, practices, and procedures.
- Experience using SAS to import data, manipulate data/datasets, and conduct analyses relating to evaluation of data quality and accuracy.
- Certified Infection Preventionist (CIC®) with minimum 5 years’ experience in hospital or other public health or clinical setting preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the CDC NHSN preferred.
- Experience with CLABSI and CAUTI preferred.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is a mid-level position with opportunity for growth within the company.
- At present due to COVID-19, no travel or onsite work is required. Travel may be requested in the future, as safety allows, up to 5-10 percent of the time, depending on projects and responsibilities.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
Please contact email@example.com to apply or request more information.