Help Desk Support Technician
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide exceptional Tier 1 computer support via email, chat, help desk system, or phone to both our remote internal staff and external customers. Create new articles and tech-tips for our internal knowledge base.
A successful candidate will:
- Manage help desk tickets in a timely manner
- Respond to customer issues via email, chat, help desk system, or phone
- Provide customer assistance for both commercial and Lantana applications
- Document customer interactions
- Run diagnostics to resolve customer reported issues and document where appropriate
- Escalate issues to the next Tier with next level of difficulty
- Install, make changes, and repair computer hardware and software
- Follow-up with customers to ensure issues are resolved
- Purchase new hardware and software for employees
- An Associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience troubleshooting and repairing laptop computers running the Windows operating system
- Active Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work East Coast hours
- Experience with Jira Service Desk
- A+ Certification
- Network+ Certification
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
- The interview will include a 10-15 minute hands-on or static (Power Point) demonstration where you will have an opportunity to prove your skills to the selection committee.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or request more information.