Full Time or Contract
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Responsible for design and implementation of Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and/or Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR)-based standards for the exchange of clinical information. Conduct research, analyses, and collaborate with technical and clinical experts to ensure that projects align with client expectations.
A successful candidate will:
- Exhibit methodical, organized analytical skills to evaluate data requirements and translate them into formal requirements.
- Facilitate and lead requirements and design meetings with diverse stakeholders.
- Identify and develop use cases to represent client needs.
- Map client requirements to CDA and FHIR artifacts and publish implementation guides.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and experience in Health Level Seven (HL7) standards such as HL7 CDA, HL7 V2.x, and HL7 FHIR and HL7 processes.
- Create artifacts in XML and JSON conformant to XML/JSON schemas.
- Work with APIs from Electronic Health Record (EHR) vendors such as Epic, Cerner, athenahealth, etc.
- Create and design project deliverables defined by the HL7 process.
- Develop value sets using HIT national standard clinical terminologies (e.g., SNOMED CT, LOINC).
- Contribute to the development of standards-based papers, presentations, blogs, and memos.
- Support internal business development activities as a subject matter expert, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health informatics, computer science, engineering, information technology, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Healthcare IT or related field
- Experience with HL7 standards including CDA and/or FHIR with certification in either a plus.
- Experience working with EHR Vendor APIs is a plus.
- Creating XML Schema, XSLT transforms, and Schematron knowledge, preferred.
- Experience with popular XML editing tools (such as OxygenXML or XMLSpy) preferred.
- 2-3 years’ working in a clinical setting is a plus.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a Health IT vendor setting (EHRs, Medical Devices, Healthcare Interface engines, etc.) preferred.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is work-from-home/remote.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact email@example.com to apply or request more information.