Director of Human Resources
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Plan, direct, and manage all human resource (HR) initiatives, such as recruitment, benefits administration, career planning, training infrastructure, performance review process, and employee relations. Collaborate with the Management team to implement HR strategies that support business objectives and projected growth. Attract, acquire, and retain the best talent. Honor Lantana’s values through coaching leadership on best practices for optimal employee engagement and satisfaction.
A successful candidate will:
- Possess a strong work ethic, thorough knowledge of multi-state labor regulations and HR practices, excellent organizational, strategic thinking, and communication skills, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Work seamlessly with Management to ensure alignment of policies and procedures while honoring company culture.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Implement fair employment practices that meet organizational needs and advise managers on employee and labor policies, such as Affirmative Action, EEOC, ACA, ADA, FMLA, and OSHA.
- Collaborate with Management to deliver employee training programs, collect employee feedback, ensure compliance, and facilitate performance management.
- Collaborate with Management to deliver employee benefit program, including plan design and selections, vendor communication, open enrollment, compliance, and reporting.
- Coordinate payroll processing.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal laws including Federal Acquisition Regulations that pertain to affirmative action and EEOC programs.
- Create, maintain, and update human resources policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and leadership to maintain and improve company culture, especially as the company transitions to employee ownership.
- Foster and lead diversity and inclusion initiatives at Lantana.
- Lead the HR function through growth and change, implementing new, more sophisticated systems and processes.
- Balance HR strategic planning with day-to-day operational management.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or similar field
- At least ten years of human resource management experience, with at least five of those years working for a U.S. Federal Government contractor.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively manage, interact, negotiate, and communicate with employees
- Time management and prioritization skills and the ability to oversee multiple HR projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to counsel, motivate, and guide managers and staff to accomplish Lantana’s goals and objectives
- Experience creating innovative solutions to find and secure the right talent to fit organizational growth
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal labor laws and compliance requirements, including Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and modern technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- SHRM-CP or SHROM-SCP certified
- Healthcare or health information technology background
- Master’s degree in human resources or related field
- Experience with Employee Stock Ownership Plan Administration
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management System and/or Human Resource Information System software
Additional Job Information:
- This position is work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
- Selected applicant must complete a background check prior to the start of employment.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact email@example.com to apply or request more information.