Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide analytic support on client projects and develop SAS code to perform data management and statistical tasks.
A successful candidate will:
- Access and analyze complex data from various sources
- Conduct analyses in SAS, interpret, summarize, and present findings to relevant stakeholders
- Manipulate datasets, conduct statistical analysis, and perform quality check on analytic deliverables Collaborate in planning, development, and implementation of projects and materials
- Communicate analytic advice and statistical methodology effectively with clients, management, and staff
- Analyze and understand client needs and translate them into formal requirements
- Provide results to the project team and clients both verbally and in writing. Results should be reported in an appropriate manner for the audience – i.e., some reports will be highly technical while other reports will be written in layman’s terms
- Exhibit attention to detail when performing data quality checks, developing materials, reviewing documentation, troubleshooting issues, and reporting results
- Identify areas for improvement, including methods to increase efficiency and innovation (e.g., automating SAS analyses and output and identifying new programming techniques when appropriate)
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with multidisciplinary team members to achieve analytic and programmatic goals
- Degree in statistics, epidemiology, computer science, public health, or related discipline
- Experience using SAS to import data, manipulate data/datasets, and conduct analyses relating to evaluation of data quality and accuracy
- Experience managing large datasets; moving and merging data files from different platforms cleaning and aggregating data and performing quality control
- Experience in statistical analysis and methodology
- Experience reading in a variety of data types into SAS, including XML, JSON, CSV, XSLX, and others
- Experience with national contracts/datasets
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) or other public health entity
Required Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
Please contact email@example.com to apply or request more information.