Cloud & Systems Administrator
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Administer Microsoft Azure cloud and system infrastructure. Check for network and data security issues, configure HA (High Availability), DR (Disaster Recovery) and FT (Fault Tolerance of the Docker/Kubernetes environment. Provide recommendations to IT leadership on cloud and system infrastructure. Use a formal Change Management process to implement new systems and updates to current systems.
A successful candidate will:
- Have hands-on experience administering a Docker/Kubernetes infrastructure in Microsoft Azure (or equivalent cloud provider), including:
- Ensuring all containers are running and have appropriate resources (cpu, ram, hdd)
- Ensure data redundancy is available in cluster
- Networking within the Azure infrastructure
- Managing the number of replicas
- Designing hard drive allocation (GlusterFS)
- Documentation of all deployments
- Understand Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) for assigning permissions to resources
- Integration with other services
- Have demonstrated experience in Network/Server Administration
- Obtains and keeps active certifications in Microsoft Azure Fundamentals, Microsoft Azure Administrator, and Docker Certified Associate (DCA)*
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint
- Hands-on experience with Linux servers, networks, and databases
- Experience with Powershell, Bash, Batch, and other scripting and automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work East Coast hours
* Certifications are required for employment and paid for by Lantana
- Systems Administration or System Engineer certification
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server
- Experience with Active Directory / Azure Active Directory
- Experience with Elastic Search (or ELK stack) and/or Grafana stack
- Vulnerability and patching software such as Snyk
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
- The interview will include a 10-15 minute hands-on or static (Power Point) demonstration where you will have an opportunity to prove your skills to the selection committee.
To apply, please submit a resume to email@example.com.