Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Lead the collection and documentation of software requirements working with management, technical staff, and clients. Collaborate with the development team through design and test stages to ensure strict adherence to project-specific requirements, confirming alignment with the product roadmap and correct prioritization. Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving, communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
A successful candidate will:
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of stakeholders, ranging from internal customers to end users.
- Facilitates discussions to gather and prioritize requirements with stakeholders.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements through the software development lifecycle, enforcing those requirements or redefining, as necessary.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modification of business requirements – verbally and through written documentation – to project & technical leads, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Creates a shared understanding of goals and requirements of software.
- Analyzes technical standards, industry trends, and best practices to ensure processes are efficient, scalable, and repeatable.
- Partners with Product Manager to communicate project-specific requirements to ensure alignment with the overall product roadmap.
- Assist with on-going implementation and improvement of product quality initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or similar related technical field
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development lifecycle.
- 5+ years of experience of designing, documenting, and implementing software development requirements processes and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in facilitating processes to collect, document, and track software requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a challenging and innovative environment.
- Experience with public health and/or Health IT software projects.
- Competency with Microsoft Office applications including MS PowerPoint, Project, and Excel.
- Applied knowledge of agile scrum and JIRA, and ability to teach methods.
- Experience working in a remote, distributed environment.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote. The ability to travel to the annual Lantana Retreat and occasional client meetings is preferred.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.
To apply, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.