Jingdong Li, MD
Jingdong (JD) Li is a Medical Informaticist and Health Information Architect. He has six years clinical experience in general surgery and thoracic surgery followed by ten years experience in HIT. JD was the technical lead for the Iowa Foundation for Medical Care (IFMC) Common Formats in Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) project and a project to address interface options between home health devices and several Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems. JD is the technical lead for the National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) templated CDA for Case Report Forms pilot project, and for the National Quality Forum (NQF) eMeasure project. He has been responsible for developing much of the Lantana Group infrastructure, supporting the automation of validating rule sets and other tools.
- HIT experience includes system design and development, system integration, and HL7 standards-based implementation
- Eight years of active HL7 participation.
- Proficienct in HL7 V2.x, HL7 V3, HL7 CDA
- CDA Release 2, HL7 2.5, and HL7 V3 RIM Certified
- CDA Academy Instructor
- Past Co-Chair, HL7 Infrastructure and Message Technical Committee (2007.9 – 2009.9)
- Six years of clinical practice as Surgeon.
- Proficient in clinical information modeling, data modeling and healthcare terminology
- In-depth UML knowledge and extensive modeling experience from requirement to deployment