Lantana combines the flexibility of a small, highly-trained staff with the strength of a seasoned consulting firm.
- Operations: Our Operations department reviews new project requirements during the proposal stage to ensure appropriate coverage for each task. On contract award, we manage the hand-off from business development, hold an internal kick-off, and deploy the project team.
- Publishing: As consultants, our primary deliverable is often documentation. We have a Lantana Writing Guide, which we continue to refine and augment. Each deliverable is reviewed internally by subject matter experts and editors at the outline, initial, and final draft stages.
- Project Management: Our Project Managers (PMs) are the key interface between Lantana Executive Management and our clients, ensuring quality deliverables are completed on time and within budget. Whenever possible, our PMs review the project and contribute to project design from the proposal stage. PMs adhere to Lantana’s project management methodology, employing the right procedures and tools for smooth operations. We hold an internal de-brief after all projects to incorporate lessons-learned into current and future work.
- Financial Management & Administration: Our Finance department tracks hours worked by task and project, working closely with PMs for timely and accurate reporting and invoicing. We monitor contract compliance requirements for our commercial and government clients.
- Executive Oversight: All projects are assigned to a Project Executive who reviews the project against schedule, budget, and quality at a minimum every two weeks. Our PMs and Project Executives rely on internal risk management tools to assess the level of risk, identify appropriate mitigation, and escalate issues as needed.