Full Time or Contract
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent.
Primary purpose: Responsible for design and implementation of CDA or FHIR-based standards for the exchange of clinical information.Conduct research, analyses, and collaborate with technical and clinical experts to ensure that projects align with client expectations.
A successful candidate will:
- Exhibit methodical, organized analytical skills to evaluate data requirements and translate them into formal requirements
- Facilitate and lead requirements and design meetings with clinical professionals
- Identify and develop use cases to represent client needs
- Map client requirements to design and model CDA and FHIR artifacts
- Demonstrate working knowledge and experience in HL7 standards such as HL7 CDA, HL7 V3 RIM, and HL7 FHIR and HL7 processes
- Create artifacts in XML and JSON conformant to XML/JSON schemas
- Work with APIs from Electronic Health Record (EHR) vendors such as Epic, Cerner, AthenaHealth etc.
- Create and design project deliverables defined by the HL7 process
- Develop value sets using HIT national standard clinical terminologies (e.g. SNOMED CT, LOINC)
- Contribute to the development of standards-based papers, presentations, blogs, and memos.
- Serve as an expert and/or lead on projects as required.
- Support internal business development activities as a subject matter expert, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a health informatics, computer science, engineering, information technology, or related field
- BSN, MSN, or MD or qualification in a clinical field is a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in Healthcare IT or related field
- Experience with HL7 standards including Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) preferred
- Experience working with EHR Vendor APIs is a plus
- Creating XML Schema, XSLT transforms, and Schematron knowledge preferred
- Experience with popular XML editing tools (such as OxygenXML or XMLSpy) preferred
- 2-3 years’ working in a clinical setting is a plus
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a Health IT vendor setting (EHRs, Medical Devices, Healthcare Interface engines etc.) is a plus
- HL7 CDA or FHIR certification is a plus
Additional Job Information:
- This position is a mid-level position with excellent opportunity for growth within the company.
- Lantana is a distributed company and accepts all applicants in the US.
- Travel 10 – 15 percent of the time, depending on projects and responsibilities.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or natural origin.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or for more information.
Posted: September 28, 2018